We’re a group of concerned residents that formed after the Parish Council meeting with Urban and Civic on the 22nd February, 2017
The group aims to represent the interests of all Horningsea residents in the Waterbeach Barracks development.
Unfortunately we felt that the presentation in that meeting did not address the topic of Horningsea. Even though this village is likely to see considerable negative effects from the development, these are currently not matched by any benefits.
The group will strive to ensure that if the development goes ahead, there are positive developments to benefit Horningsea to offset the inevitable negative aspects.
The main aims will be:
- Gather feedback from residents.
- Produce a list of specific items that will mitigate negative aspects.
- Produce a list of positive benefits to the village that might be possible.
- Be a public advocate for the village to achieve the items on these lists.
If you feel you could be helpful to the group please email us.
- Recent News about the Waterbeach Development on this site:
- Outline Planning Application (OPA) Ref:
- SCDC advice on commenting on the OPA.
NOTE: the deadline for comments on the application is the 10th April, 2017.
Developers, architects links:
- Main development website.
- Urban and Civic (main developer) Waterbeach Barracks Development website.
- Peter Brett Associates (transport and infrastructure) Waterbeach page
- Fletcher Priest (architect) Waterbeach Barracks project pages