Horningsea has an active social life ranging from concerts to local history events and talks on a variety of subjects. Many events are arranged by local villagers whilst others are organised by the Residents Association, and the Horticultural Society holds an annual show. An Art Group also meet regularly. The first Horningsea Festival of Music and the Arts took place in 2006.
For specific event details see Horningsea Herald Newsletter and Diary
Horningsea Parent and Toddlers Group
The group meets every Tuesday 10:00 to 11:30 at the Village Hall.
£1.50 per family, £1 per unsupervised adult :-). Refreshments and snacks for the children provided.
Come along and enjoy a cuppa and a chat while the children play.
Holds a show every summer with competitive classes in both produce and arts and craft. This year it will be held on 13th July 2013.
Horningsea Art Group
Meet in the pavillion on Thursday evenings between 7:30 and 9:30pm
- Bert Santilly is one of the region’s foremost accordionists who perfoms with Cafe Mondiale and Shakey Breaks the Ice. He puts on concerts given by his pupils and occassionally organises concerts by visiting international artists
- Eyehall Musick is a small group of singers who regularly perform music ranging from the renaissance,classical repertoires through to C21st works, often in St Peter’s Church.
- Horningsea Mechanicals (whose name derives from the Midsummer Night’s dream) recite prose and poetry, often in association with Eyehall Musick
The Plough and Fleece hosts both regular events as well as one offs
- Click here for forthcoming events.
- Formal Bridge night classes on Monday evenings, starting at 7:30pm (all levels – ph Peter 861865)
- Quiz Night every Tuesday night at 7:30pm
- Book club meets every 4th Wednesday of month at 8pm
- Austin 7, 2 Cv and Cycling Clubs meet on Wednesdays
- Petangue is played every Wednesday during the summer (Fixtures 2011)